Teacher Belief Inventory:
My Educational Philosophy
- Be flexible and open-minded
- Teach to all types of learners
- Allow student input
- Encourage and praise positive student aspects instead of focusing on
- Provide students with frequent feedback
- Be prepared to teach subject matter
Subject matter should...
- Come to school prepared to learn
- Remember there is a correct time and place for everything, including
learning, goofing off, etc.
- Get to bed early enough to get a good night's sleep in order to be
alert at school
- Be respectful of others - teachers, students, parents, etc.
- Be responsible for their own work
- Be orientated to the age and ability of the learner
- Be interesting and thought provoking
- Be challenging, not boring
- Provide a basis for the following year's classes, sequentially
- Include adequate lighting, preferably natural light
- Include desks, tables, and chairs to fit the students' size - not too
short, high, small, or large
- Limit outside distractions such as p.a. announcements, other faculty,
students in the hallways, etc.
- Limit inside distractions such as paint color and placement of
- Be safe - intact ceilings, walls, and floors
- Provide a good temperature conductive to learning, not too cold or
as well as not too damp
All pages, scripts, and graphics.